Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wow, some progress

It is taking a bit to get back up to speed making the parts of this block.  I definitely need to spray starch the fabric before I rotary cut the shapes.  


Then I need to pay attention to what I'm doing.  See, a mistake already!


That is much better!


                           

And before I get too carried away I need to do some math to see how much fabric I actually have and how I'm going to slip in those close matches.  I did notice another colour option for the last round but I'm ignoring it.  LOL  Hopefully I have a completed top by next Wednesday's The Needle and Thread Network link up!


edit:  I was getting confused with counting and figuring so I cut off the messy edge,  made another photo copy that is included in the booklet and remade the edge.  I coloured, counted and measured fabric.  I am only short about 8 units and I should be able to move forward with confidence. Here's hoping!

9 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Elle.....you have way more patience than I do!!
It will be gorgeous finished....can't wait to see it.

Createology said...

I wish for you to have uninterrupted time to work on this and complete it. This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to complicated for me. It will be a total labor of love and stunning when you are done. Quilting Bliss Dear Elle...

Kit Lang said...

Woah. That looks oooooooo complicated! Brave woman!

Lisa said...

Wow, look at all those curves. Good for you for tackling such an intense project!

Susan J Barker said...

Love the concept! I am waiting to see the finished top. This would tempt me if I didn't have such a long todo list!

Mary Ann Tate said...

I agree. That quilt is too darn complicated for me. It will be amazing when it's finished.

Sheila said...

Way too many curves for me to tackle but it sure will be lovely !

In stitches and seams said...

wow this is going to be a just breath taking when done
in stithces

Regina said...

I am still trying to find the error in the first picture - your design is just mind-boggling. I wish you no interruptions while piecing!