Monday, April 9, 2012

Studio Spring Sprint




I have come to terms with the early spring.  I don't usually think of the yard til May but the weeds won't wait and the debris is blowing about.  The weather was okay but served up a stiff northerly breeze for Friday. 



We got a good day's work in but nothing photo worthy.


The weather is kinda nasty again today so I'm back to thinking about the month of April.

 Now I need to figure the best way to stay up to date with the Altered Book tutorials which I am enjoying immensely.  This mixed media is 'clicking' for me and I want to do MORE!  Then the quilting for the quilt show needs to move along as well.  I also am tired of shoving stuff about for the beading class.  That means I need supplies to be where I can work on them.  So I'm studying the playroom layout.  Basic configuration works but the counter is actually too high.  So...



I changed the ironing board cupboard for the art supply cupboard.  This will be way better to stand and work at. 


The ironing station has a new cupboard that my Rooster has been trying to ignore.  I'll have to ruffle his feathers a bit!  I figure the hooks will hold up that pesky iron cord and the shelves can always hold things.  The lower cupboard  is a bit high but I do have an ironing board and this is for quick pressing of patches. 

All this is helpful as I need to think about what to keep here and what to send to the workroom when I get it done.  I could use some tweaking of Nina's space but that's as good as it gets for now.

I need to think of an appropriate name for the workroom.  This is my Coop and Saucer Playroom.  I have some birds and some teacups.  Not sure what the workroom will actually evolve into but it'll be for wet and messy stuff.  Suggestions welcome! 

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is a wonderful place to roost!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I don't even own an ironing board, and use one of my work spaces with my heat resistant sheet and a towel. I am really glad you are liking the AB class. That makes me feel good.

Yes, you post the previous lesson's homework on the current lesson's link. I hope that makes sense.

HollyM said...

So, this is not your sewing room? It's an art room?
It's always fun to rearrange and spring seems to encourage it.

Margaret Applin said...

Love your studio!!!!

Mary Ann Tate said...

I don't have an regular size ironing board in my sewing room as the room is too small. The ironing board is way downstairs and I'm too lazy to trek down there every five minutes so I have a small space beside my sewing machine with a small sewing iron and a mini ironing board. Works for me:)

MarveLes Art Studios said...

As long as it works for you! I think it's fun to rearrange, and see if something can work better... or not?!! Looking good!