Thursday, April 5, 2012

The more I learn...




                                                             KEEP IT SIMPLE SWEETIE!


Elizabeth has started the next session with design principles.  Everyone lists the elements differently.


I like the HUB acronym and then the ps.  This page not so much, but then I probably am not done with it either.



The theme book I started has limited pages so I'm reviewing and documenting in another book.


This is NOT a work of art.  Neither is it my style.


This is a workbook.



Harmony:
It really is a good exercise to learn about the design elements as if this was the first time you heard of them.  The resources are often given different approaches and one commentator's description may clarify or enhance anther's.


Unity:
I definitely got a better handle on both harmony and unity although there are similarities to each.  Two down and three to go.

What a fun play day.  I do believe what 'I got' has stuck and I am much more comfortable with the whole creative process.

5 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I'd say you did "GET" it! Nice job. Your piece ties together nicely, even got the red moving around the art to direct the eye! You go girl.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

I like how you think! And it can all be works of art... with more on top of it, as I am learning, people cover things up that they don't like (but that I thought were cool). harmony. a great concept. Here's a blowin-in-the-snow KISS for you my darling!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your ideas for these pages really brings the point home. It is good to see someone who "gets it" join in the fun. Your book will be a real treasure when it is finished! I'm a very proud teacher.

Createology said...

I am so happy to see and hear that you actually got to have a "Fun Play Day". Your art continues to evolve and I can see proof that you "get it". We had snow flurries again but nothing too much. Very cold here! I am inside staying cozy and warm. Blessings to you Elle dear...

SandeeNC said...

Awesome job documenting your progress as you go along! I love it! I'm having fun working on mine too, currently waiting for the pages to dry, lol waving hi from the sunny hills of North Carolina and wishing you a Happy Easter :)