Thursday, April 3, 2014

What's on the worktable this week?





I absolutely can't do an ugly picture first so behind the mess is the start for my DYLP for this week.  This is just the first layer and wouldn't ya know I'd pick double flaps for this particular week.  lol  Busy as anything and I did this last night just so it could dry overnight for the next layers.

Here is the ugly.  Elaina left on Sunday.  She had her brother and sister in to see her new journal and show them theirs.  :O  Then I had just dumped my new iron down and continued to throw in things as I spring cleaned the other rooms.

Those who know me will roll their eyes.  Laura, that is you!  But I am moving on.  The house is getting its final tweaking.  No more waiting for tomorrow.  If I have things in mind that can happen asap, then I put them in place.  Anything that doesn't fit the immediate plan is leaving.  Painting must wait for a new roof but the Sunshine room is a guys place with masculine reading material.  The gal room has all the pink and yellow stuff and will see white furniture and books like Trixie Beldon, Little House on the Prairies, Little Women and The Secret Garden. The biggest room is the playroom and all sorts of creative books live in there with all sorts of supplies. So we are in the second largest room which has all the green and aqua stuff and our books. I moved the computer out of our room and along  the end wall of the upstairs hall.  I will just live with the big extension cord until the electrician comes around.  I am on a mission to reduce visual clutter.  I am also putting a moratorium on decorating.  It is taking up way too much of my creative time and I could use the time to do some creative garment sewing.  I can't edit the closet as there isn't much in there!  ha!

General books are downstairs.  I wrapped them in brown paper and studying this photo I may put that boxed set back in the front room.  Sh!  I used the Rooster's big roll of freezer paper.  ;^) I'll have to get my letter stamps out for titles.  I can hear the Rooster crowing now!  lol  I like the neutral sitting room.  I like the more colourful but also quiet front dining room.  But that blah kitchen is driving me nuts so we made one more change and I added some more colour.  But that is for tomorrow's reveal.  I have to get the worktable cleared and hopefully get the Irish Chain quilted.  Tomorrow I also start Sketchbook Skool, a six week gift from the Rooster! mmmmwah!

But now I need to get that worktable workable!

4 comments:

Createology said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift from your Rooster! I do not know how you keep up with your busy creative self Miss Elle! Find that worktable and Sketchbook...Skool is about to begin!!! Blissful Joy...

Jo Vandermey said...

Sounds like you are having fun!

Jo Ferguson said...

The house must seem so quiet, now that Eliana has left. I love the neutral colours on your bookcase and the way the books look, wrapped in paper. I'm a big fan of "words" so seeing "dream" on the bottom shelf, added just the right touch.

Lorette said...

A very creative space I would say... and what a lovely job you did on that bookcase! I love that color. good luck with the worktable!