Sunday, August 30, 2015

The truth is...


I kinda got excited by this book because, shoot, who wants to give up the staff of life.  vbsigh  I did appreciate the insights and he does say that there are those who really do need to avoid wheat/gluten.  But there are also sensationalized reports and cures on a wide range of symptoms and ailments.  So for a few days and in the interests of science I had a lovely feed of bread, bagels, pasta, ETC. and I must report that for me, gluten is a poison indeed. :(  So it is back to buckwheat pancakes which are quite lovely as far as pancakes are concerned but aren't quite same as a bread in cucumber and tomato sandwiches.   :(   But I must believe that my body doesn't lie.  :)

3 comments:

Margaret said...

So sorry...but on the other hand, isn't it good to get the truth (i.e. sift the chaff (hype) from the wheat (truth)?)

I eat gluten...but in smaller quantities...not because it upsets my gut but because it expands my hips! Pancakes are a treat no matter when they're on offer! As for the sandwiches...try the cukes and tomatoes as salad instead...a bit o' feta cheese, basil, olive oil and fresh ground pepper...and (depending on the time of day) a sip of red wine...and you won't miss the bread one bit!

Createology said...

Oh Dear...another area for us to be flexible. Now you have a whole new arena to explore. Hoping you feel better...

Jo Ferguson said...

Our bodies don't lie. We just need to listen to them and that is a constant journey.