Saturday, December 5, 2015

Heading towards the holidays

Table centre piece

I'm not sure what happened to winter.  These candles are the whitest things around.  Can't really say I'm liking slush and mud and slippery!




The grand kiddies and I were off to their library for an artist date.  The books distract.  The interactive environment distracts.  heck, the other kids distract but...


 I think I will make a note to perhaps work more one on one with Josh and Eliana.   pst!  He drew the elephant!
A new change in my day job means a larger and more diverse group.  Who has their wrapping all done?

 Here are some ideas for personalizing craft paper and gift tags that should help!   These two stared holes in the paper and then...  :)  Exactly what I had in mind!

The chair is painted.  I'm glad I did that early in the week 'cause I haven't got it waxed nor the seat covered.
 
I have some good ideas for the pillows and I am a thinking that next week I'm just gonna start a new project and improvise the fall lap quilt for the bedroom!  :)  It IS the holiday season, don't cha know.  lol  I am eyeing up the small desk on the Rooster's side for painting and then the walls and woodwork.
I did get an exercise ball to use as a computer desk chair.  My balance is not good.  I'm tired of falling going UP steps!  :{  We'll see if this helps.  If I don't post in a day or so it'll be because  I rolled into some corner and I'm trapped or worse- I'm still bouncing on the stairs!  lol

6 comments:

Createology said...

Beware of those "Stable" balls. Love your days of such diversity. Safety for you my friend...

Jo Vandermey said...

I hope if you get trapped at least it is somewhere where you can do art until someone finds you.
Let us know if the ball works.
Jo

Beth said...

I like your candle centerpiece. Who says those jars aren't crystal? I am left with an image of you bouncing down stairs.....You always make me laugh.

Vicki W said...

I suppose bouncing down the stairs is better than falling! Love the centerpiece.

Sandra Walker said...

I rolled into some corner...lol! Thanks for the smile!

Jo Ferguson said...

Thanks to Beth, I can't get the image of you bouncing down the stairs. Of course, knowing you, you'd still be stitching away as you went. Love the centerpiece, too.