Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Leftovers!




Sheesh! This could become a series. This is the row of blocks that didn't pass for the backing. Then I gathered any left over strips. Now I have a baby quilt top and the backing is a gorgeous, Paisleys on Parade. Very funky tulips and hearts. If the new grandbaby is a girl, it'll be perfect. Then I gathered up the smaller sewn strips and went for a place mat/doll quilt. Quite fun but still some leftovers. How long do leftovers retain there flavour? 4 meals? Time to clean the fridge and restock the shelves.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Leftovers retain their flavor right up to the moment when your husband turns to you looking a little green around the ears and holding the container they were stored in. ;)

Great email today, gave me such a smile to read it tonight, but I'm too brain-dead to answer it... look for a reply manana (where's the ~ on this keyboard??) LOL

Cheryl Arkison said...

With leftovers that good, the flavour lasts and lasts!

Diane said...

I know just what you mean, the pieces get smaller and so do the projects you make with them, but you just keep going!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've made so many things from the same fabric and still managed so much variety in the designs.
I think my favourite is the placemat - I love the stripes and the way the little blue squares stand out!