Saturday, March 22, 2014

Deep in the depths


We are back down in the freezing cold zone again.  But the sun is shining.  :}  These wee lambs don't mind the cold at all and are up for fun and games.  Early evening they begin to pack and play follow the leader.

I've started digging and sorting in my playroom closet.  I've been on the lookout for a few books I know I never gave away.  lol

Then I have tweaked the rolling carts a bit which means shuffling the contents for easy access.  It is all good and I am once again getting rid of stuff I won't use.  I wish I could do this once and for all but getting rid of stuff I spent my $$$ on is always painful so I need to wait for some of the 'ouch' to subside before I can release it with a fair thee well, go bless somebody else!  ;^)

The basic work stations stay the same but as I work at them I am always amazed that I can improve my efficiency.  I am also making some sort of progress.  Two applique drawers are now condensed to one.  Of course, some of my supplies are now beside my bedroom chair.  But I am making some forward motion.  :)

I like the concept of making parts with scraps that are left over.  Again, I need to have a system in place and handy for Mini to work on. This also reduces all those leftover bits that take up so much room.

I also decided that this would work for my journals.  I sent lots of printed deli paper and watercolour paper through my die cutter.  These will be useful for mixed media art.  The white tub in the second photo has bits for scrapbooking.  I plan to go through it every month and what I don't have a use for I'll throw away.  It is called 'stuff control'! 
 
Creativity isn't just about 'art'.  It is a way of life.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

I love your energy for organizing, I always just want to make stuff and leave things messy.

Createology said...

I love your organizing and "stuff control". I just emptied a ziploc bag and had no idea all the paper ephemera it held. Just in time for NLWM. Creativity truly is a way of life!!! Stay warm like the lambs dear...

Jo Ferguson said...

When it comes to mixed media, "stuff control" is definitely the right word. I like the idea of putting watercolour and deli paper through the die cutter. Great idea for journaling or art quilts.

Margaret said...

I can relate to the "ouch" factor, elle! Our church yard sale is the first Saturday in June; I've started culling my stuff for contributions...and admitting that there are indeed some things (mainly kits) I will never make/do! We can encourage each other!

Gina said...

What a fun post, I've felt so many of those same things like I know I have those books here somewhere or I can't part with it yet even though I'm sure I won't use it. Adorable lambs and I love your ending, "creativity is a way of life."

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

SUCH a beautiful photo!!
: )
Monika