Wednesday, February 22, 2012

wow - What a lot of stuff on the worktable


I am still stitching. I should probably just bite the bullet, put my head and my foot pedal down and get these done.  But I do have such a lot of other options to play with.  I've been beading, gathering things for an altered book, sketching some design possibilities,  collecting 'useless' thread ideas and vbsigh, mending.


I am looking forward to opening up some of these patterned stitches and letting them break loose from their parameters but that'll be for next Wednesday.



I was experiencing some piling up of stitches sometimes.  Nina wasn't talking but I suspect that I should be using this foot which has a better groove for those stitches.  I've just been using the regular foot.


Stitch number 659 is not accurate.  The filled diamonds in the large diamond are not aligned.  There is a balance function that corrects this but I'm not taking the time to do that.



I am also taking note that some patterns would be wonderful with thicker thread and/or bobbin work!
I am also noticing that not all black markers are created equal.  LOL  Actually the thicker nib works better than the fine one on the fabric.


I did get a fair bit done and that was due to the piles of snow that are covering everything.  My errand has been postponed and I'm quite happy to stay home and sew, sew, SEW!


The bonus to all this is that my quality control is improving.  I'm starting to pay attention to spacing and the beginning and endings.  And improvement is not something to be shunned, even with an overflowing worktable!    Wonderful Wednesday!!!

9 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I think I like Nina:) 664 stitches and counting!!

Patti said...

Love how the gold thread looks on both the black and white!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Bingo! You got it; you do need a foot with a groove on the back, to allow for the thicker/dense stitches, like the satin-stitch types. #20 is what it looks like you got, and it's a fave. You have Dual Feed on 820, don't you? It helps to use this with decorative stitching, xo!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

What a beautiful machine!! Elle, it takes time, but you are doing it right....lovely stitches you have there on that machine.....

Createology said...

It really is all about having the right tools to do the job. Your stitch sampler looks fabulous and it is such a great idea to refer to when you need a pretty stitch for a project. Your worktable has so many wonderful projects on it and I know you will do them all. Have fun playing my dear...

Emelie said...

Love all those stitches, makes me want them and I can see them in art quilts with other things of beauty. Your a fun blogger.

In stitches and seams said...

Nice to see the stitches stiched out. i bet you will use them more now that your see them stitched ... A visual library of stitches .... a to do for sure
in stitches

Regina said...

Thanks for mentioning a foot with a groove, if I can find one it could make a big difference in the way I feel towards my zig-zag machine...... Where from do you get the patience to try out so many stitches?

Sheila said...

Always enjoy my visits Elle , you are so creative and I like what you are doing with all the stitches , well worth your efforts for the future .