Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Let the beads fall where they may


A finished project.  I don't know who is the more delighted, me or my young jeweler!      My play room was kinda full as I had young Jenn, little e,  and another friend who travelled back with us from Ontario and is also an E.  Gosh if I'm big E, I wonder how upset she'd be with old E! Shhhhhhh!


I was kinda upset when I wore my new bracelet and before anyone could hardly admire it, FLING;  I was on the trail of errant beads.  I thought it was broke but during our jewelry class I saw it was unscrewed.  I had bought a more solid bracelet but it isn't quite as elegant.  As I tell, Jenn,  we start simple but fast and easy doesn't make for finesse!  We'll get there though.


While I was away, we two E's  began to follow around a gal with a lovely necklace who steered us to the maker!  These are crocheted yarn.  We bought some.  Very cool!!!  They look like nothing unless they are actually being worn.


Now the kit we had bought and eagerly examined suffered some from the transporting around so while lesson number one progressed along our assistant tried to group like minded beads together and get them into little zip lock bags.  LOL


We are all quite impressed with ourselves.  It is a tad bit long but this is good for to take away and show off and we'll make the corrections next week.  I am already looking at lesson two and this is starting to get pretty exciting!

Life has been rolling along quite like these escaping beads and I'm determined to somewhat keep all the necessary happenings at least up off the floor so the stringing is faster and better.  ;^)

No sewing samples this week as I'm off to babysit.  hmm, I wonder what the ultra sound will show.  When my kids were born the hospital gave each baby a beaded identification bracelet.  I have them still!  awwwww!  :)

5 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Looks like your having a good time! Kids love stringing beads and they have a good teacher.

Createology said...

This is a wonderful way to spend time together. I miss my girlfriends who would come over and we would all bead together. They have each moved away...closer to the city where it is more affordable to live and get around. I can relate to the errant beads but you will get the knack of tightening them on...or a drop of glue if you don't need to remake them easily. Sorting beads can be fun...I try to keep mine by type and by color. I am intrigued with the crochet necklace. I crocheted a "chain" for a lampwork bead as I didn't like anything else I found. It is one of my favorite go-to wearables. Light weight, doesn't kink and is always in style...my style at least. Blissful Beading my Dear...

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Sweet! : ) Ultrasound? oh my - I missed something. Another grandbaby?

~Monika

Mary Ann Tate said...

Now you have all the gear you'll be hooked:) Beading is addicting. I love beading on fabric but I haven't done that in years.

Cheryl Coville said...

I love beads!!! Nice to find a fellow beader.