Wednesday, February 1, 2012

wow - a leaf

In my attempts to help Nina with her bobbin ache, I have inadvertantly given her a tension headache so I shall definitely be taking her for a spa day and me for an advanced class on the Bernina 820.  God bless helpful dealers!

In the mean time I am trying to turn over a new leaf!  Monday's Refresh post documents my thoughts for focusing and developing my own style.


I am no artist but if I think in segments I am able to do a reasonable facsimile.   I just draw the section, pause, and draw the next section.  The size is arbitrary and it is not a traced copy.  These would definitely be jumping off places for all kinds of quirky leaves.

I think these would be great to try some fusing on small art quilts.  I've laid in a supply of fusibles and I'm ready to play.  Green leaves will be on the new page for today!

7 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I wish I had your talent for sketching. I cannot draw!! I am suppose to practice first on paper for my FMQ challenge. I can't draw....lol. I think maybe I think too much and it just doesn't flow....

What Comes Next? said...

your drawing method appears to work very well for you. Those leaves would be great fused, I was also seeing them as some FMQ inspiration. I hope Nina has a good day at the spa and comes back all nice and refreshed and ready to go!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, your sketches look great to me! Mine look more like cartoon drawings.

HollyM said...

It will be fun to see it combined with the fusible. You might think you're not an artist, but artists usually work form inspiration sketches and pictures too. Once you've done enough they'll come naturally.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

A beautiful quilt in the making, me thinks! How is the baby chick doing?

Mary Ann Tate said...

Those leaves look pretty good to me:)

Sheila said...

Fantastic leaves ,if you can 't draw the you sure fooled me . These would be wonderful for fusing .