Thursday, February 23, 2012

Styling


I like aqua.  I just don't want aqua to be more than an accent.


The front hallway, which is our only entrance, needs to carry the colours of the rooms downstairs.  On a meander through Canadian Tire I spotted this rug.  Bigger than I envisioned but the price was right.  hmm  The Rooster was also meandering and meandered by.  We consulted.  He felt it was kinda dark but I asked him what colour did he bring in on his work boots!!! ;^)    So we wrestled it into the car with the understanding we could bring it back.  ???
 I like!   It adds an up to date touch to the old time feel of the house.  It has lots of the colours I am leaning towards and already have happening. It also brings in my accent in kind of a bolder way which works in the entrance.


It is very much my new found style!  I luv the asymmetrical aspect of the pattern and the stylized leaves and flowers.

I'm looking forward to styling the front hall and exploring my design style.  I'm also hoping the Rooster steps on the dark parts!

4 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

It's quite lovely, Elle! Love the color; you won't be surprised to find that is the accent of our living room-brown with touches of 'robin's egg blue' - aka AQUA~

Mary Ann Tate said...

Ooooo....I like it. I always like that combination of blue and brown when I see it:)

Createology said...

This entry rug is the perfect find! I love the colors and the flow of flowers. Your touch of aqua is very Tiffany's chic! Happy decorating...

HollyM said...

I sure the colors and style of your entry rug! I must go look there more often.