Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Status of the Coop for the Summer


Summer has arrived and all its busyness.  This is the status of my chicken coop at the moment. 


The one lone duck likes to hang out here.  There are only a few chickens in residence and the Rooster will be deciding which of the new chicks will be moving over to stay in my coop.


These chicks are White Rocks and the coloured ones are a new breed called Grazers.  He is determined to come up with his own 'perfect' breed.  We'll see.  He should get an A for trying! 




I left off my Photo shop Elements lesson with a blogger header that needed to have 3 photos inserted.  It seems the lessons I'd learned leaked away as the weekend passed and for the life of me I can't get the 3 photos I chose into position. 

Choosing the 3 photos was a good exercise because it reminded me of my focus.



I want to use thread on fibre and paper.


I want to make marks and draw on fibre and paper.


I want to paint and dye on fabric and paper.

I also need to move on to the other things that happen in summer so imagine the photos in the snazzy blog header.  But one one week was all the time I can devote to photoshop classes.  I also realized that I need to do my own creating. So with my focus intact it is time to leave the fantasy work of digi-ing and grab my shovel to clean the coop, my hoe to weed the garden and my sketchbook to make my own marks.   It was fun while it lasted!

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I didn't get as far as you. I will possibly go back when I have more time. Right now, things are really getting hot and heavy at my place, as I prepare for company. Like you, I want to sew, paint, and draw on both fabric and paper. They seem to be my true passion, and it sounds like yours, too.

For some reason, I thought you were going to get to use your coop to make art and dye fabric. The best laid plans, I guess.

Createology said...

Your coop is such a fun bright space on the outside and then the little chicks are just the opposite...very sparse on color but high on cuteness. Maybe winter is a good time to digi. I agree with your passion of fabric and paper. How is your barn studio progressing? Busyness is so true! Happy Busyness to you dear...

SandeeNC said...

Wow, the coop got quite the make over didn't it? I'm seeing by the comments that you wanted to make your coop into a art studio? How cute would that be....the Rooster better get busy! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

elle said...

The coop has been painted since I did my blog header photo but I'm not chasing the chickens out. My new workroom will be in the Rooster's big barn. This coop is only 8' x 12' and I'm going for a BIG workroom!

HollyM said...

I love the colors of the coop. My, we have so much we want to do , don't we? And life happens. It is fun though!

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love your coop...it's gorgeous:) Do you name your chickens?

Leanne said...

The coop is so stylish! I wonder if you will get back to photoshop in the fall, summer sounds like great fun around your house.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I love the colors of your coop and fresh eggs....looks like you've got both covered. I know, so much to do and so little time, I think it is great to have a lot of interests makes for happy art chicks!