There is a certain security in the anonymity that blogging offers.
But for blogging to be successful and fulfilling there needs to be some further risk.
That involves developing relationships .
That means reaching out and forming real human interactions.
It means connecting with people.
You need to start networking.
Here's how to begin:
- Quit hiding behind your work (blog). Schedule some time in your day, week, or month for socializing. This is an investment.
- Use social media as the means to an end, not the end itself. Reach out to people on Twitter and Facebook and ask to meet them in person.
- Take a stranger out to lunch or coffee... and pick up the bill.
- Sign up for meetups, mixers, and conferences.
- Start doing favors for people without expecting anything in return.
Whether one blogs with a big B or a small b, it is important to make real connections with real people.