Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Facing the deadline







For sure I needed some more motifs.




I cut four more out and fused them in place. Then they all need some stitching to further secure the edges which I'd like to make less noticeable but I'm not exactly sure how to best do that. Good thing there is always a 'next time'! ;^)


I thought I should also outline some of the flowers in the background with some free motion quilting. Needs some hand stitching on the back facing but DONE.


The facings are easy to apply. I'd like to figure less bulk in the corners, though.

The wider vertical strip on the left end changed the dimensions of the zig zag quilting and that threw a curve in the works and I could have resolved the open ends better, I think. But it is okay, another next time!



I won't hand stitch this down just yet as I'm thinking I should add some quilting to those pinwheels.
This set up can be improved but not for this quilt. It is go, Go, GO!

No comments: