Friday, May 6, 2011

Saturday Sums





What a week!
I pretty much focused on Machine Quilting. Nina just gobbled up pretty much whatever I shoved at/under her.


1) The challenge turned out well, I think. I did go back and add some MQed pinwheels.



2)The convergence MQed well and it is also okay although I think I like bargello better and saw some great examples at the Quilt Show.

3)I did push the big quilt for the show because I knew the MQing on it would be super easy and fast. It was good to get back at it as I do like doing it.

The quilts are hung in pairs with strips from high rods that help hold the 100 year old church together. :^)

4) I think I like art quilts with facings rather than bindings but I'd like to try eliminating some of the bulk when they are turned back.


5) I am happy to have a clearer idea of what the kitchen will entail. I was getting too complicated and had gotten away from simple.

I really should have made the Quilt Show one of the five things to do as it was really the focus of the week. Between getting things ready, set up and take down; there hasn't been much time for anything else. But that is my last deadline, especially since the wedding quilt is also done. Now: on to house AND garden!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

You had a really productive week!