Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A touch of Jacobean


I have a fondness for the quirky look of crewel work, hooked rugs and Jacobean styling.  I saw this rug as a full sized wonder and got it as a 4' x 6' rug.  The asymmetrical aspect of it delights me. It has no aqua which is the accent colour for the hallway but not everything needs to be exact matches.  The hall wall colour may need tweaking though.  And I'm not sure how the Rooster's boots will affect it. :(  It seems to me it could also work in DD's living room but she is all about clean and bright.  But I like it which is good as it is a special order.

I'm off to work at the local thrift shop again. I am on the hunt for matching bedroom lamps for DD.   Then it'll be off to DD's again for some measuring and list making.  I got a cupboard to fit by the fridge.  It was not what I was looking for but the next best thing.  I'll get the rooster to cut it down, add a shelf and the storage unit that fits over the toilet will be perfect.  I luv it when creative things leap out of store aisles and say, "what if...".


2 comments:

Createology said...

You really are the Pro at "what if". Your new little rug is beautiful. Happy day thrifting and doing your charity work dear...

HollyM said...

It's nice that you say the "what if", find a piece and then have someone who'll make it into what you want. It sounds like fun.
My husband is pretty talented in lots of things but he's not such a carpenter.