Monday, February 4, 2013

Presenting Monday



I am up and fully engaged in the coming week.

I have begun a project I found for the Finish-a-long.  These place mats were cut a long time ago and they are the winter ones.  I really like the backing and the front needed to be somewhat traditional so I thought of a present.  This fabric is so old but they will be used every Sunday so I chose not to fuss and just get them off the to-do list and we can make whiz bang modern and artful creations when I have the backlog taken care of.   :)



I had to piece the 12th mat and that determined the cutting for the 'ribbon'.


I am quickly piecing and sandwiching.  The MQing will be utilitarian.

We are back to 30 below Centigrade and I want to have lots of heat being produced by my sewing machine, my iron and all my lights. :)

Sew..........

4 comments:

Jo Vandermey said...

Sounds like a good plan!

HollyM said...

It's blowing snow and going back to frigid temps here to. It's a good time to be inside sewing and getting some projects finished.

Createology said...

How Cold!?!?! I hope your warming methods helped. Fun placemats and a great finish. Cold hands...Warm Heart.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Brrrrr.....It cold here but bearable.