Monday, October 6, 2014

She nailed it!



Seth, over at The Altered Page has been running The Week Links which are a Sunday selection of interesting posts from Blogland.  This last Sunday he posted Grace Bonney from Design Sponge's take on the NY Times When Blogging becomes a Slog article.

My take is that No, things don't stay the same.  Life changes, evolves, whatever.  After revisiting the reason I blog, I've decided to continue.  I do it for myself.  It is kinda nice to know that sometimes people like to listen but...  I blog (notice the small b) because it is my favourite way to journal.  It kinda reminds me of  'playing office' with my Dad's ol' typewriter.  lol  And the truth be known, I find sharing what I'm doing rather motivating.  And because life does change there will be a few changes as I move forward and try to keep up with an ever changing ME!

So...
I shall start pounding on a different nail (the artist's statement) and consider this one pounded in and secure!  :) 

5 comments:

Createology said...

Oh I am so happy that you will continue to blog and share your journey with us. Life is always changing and we are creatures of habit...so we adjust and change with our habits in tow. You have "nailed it" my friend. Creative Blogging Bliss...

Jo Vandermey said...

I too am glad you are continuing to blog ... I like to visit the Coop to see what you are doing and you do inspire me. Creating for me helps me be me. Also being there for my family and friends is important. I find this in your blog too!
Glad to have met you through blog land.

Threadpainter said...

So glad you are continuing your journal ... I love to read about you and yours, about your projects and about your life.
If I was closer, I'd come for coffee and chatter !

Mary Ann Tate said...

Ditto for me:) I would miss you and the Rooster very much.

I've been slacking off myself as life keeps interfering and sending me in new directions. I have to sit down and think about what I want to do regarding my blogs. As you know I have more than one...lol

MarveLes Art Studios said...

good reason. always good to take a look back in the rear view mirror... and understand that basic intent. it get's tangled very quick if we don't. xoxo