Monday, June 10, 2013

Coming to a stop!



 I did boring errands in the city today and then I did some fun ones.  I returned to IKEA for some backing for the proposed quilt and a glass lamp and shade.  I had gotten another shade at a previous store for the lamp by the mirror but it doesn't fit. 



Some yellow gold coloured diamonds would be great here but the shade isn't deep enough.   

So I tried it here and I am already humming and hawing. I can't trade them as I guess IKEA shades need to go on IKEA lamps.   :(   To further complicate the decorating plan I also got a large canvas to experiment with.  :O   This triangle fabric is too much and will be pillows for the kids bunk beds.  I haven't even removed any cellophane so nothing is permanent yet.

Saturday morning we had the grandson and we went around 8:00 am with the little truck to the nursery.  We never made it as we were run off the highway and into this ditch.  We were happy to be in the ditch as the alternative was unpleasant.  She had pulled out into our lane for no apparent reason giving no maneuvering room and then continued on down the wrong side of the highway. The truck following her reported her to the RCMP and she was apprehended.  Kinda makes you wonder!  But she was stopped and our plans for the day were stopped as well  what with statements and towing.  It took a while to get back up on the road and then we had used up our time not to mention our energy!


Thankfully, Josh was down in the jump seat behind Michael and really saw nothing.  There was no time to scream even if I was a screamer!  But he sure was full of questions when he discovered where we were!  lol
I have one more day away as the grandson needs his ears checked and then I hope to remove the word stop from my vocabulary.

7 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

WOW! That was scary. Happy to hear it wasn't more serious and that the offender is off the road. IKEA is quite the temptress and you are right about the shades being made to fit their lamps. I have one I like and use but it doesn't fit right and is a bit lopsided.

HollyM said...

I really love that first lamp and the chair in the corner. I so envy you the Ikea! I love the litte modern touches in your place.
So glad you merely went off the road. Cute little fellow!

Margaret said...

Whoa! What an assortment of ups and downs. So blessed and happy you are all okay and the Crazy Driver was apprehended.

I like the first lampshade too. And the leaf print. And your cute grandson with the big grin. :-)

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Glad to hear you didn’t collect any injuries on your trip to the gutter! Sounds like you were lucky! I always tell my kids I trust them, it’s the crazies on the road I have issues with!

Createology said...

Thankful your angels were watching over and keeping your family safe. Josh is growing fast and super cute. I never get to shop Ikea so I am really enjoying your purchases and how well they work into your new home decor. Does stop work with coming along? Keep up the pace dear...

Margaret Applin said...

I thought the only crazy drivers were in Massachusetts!!! I'm so glad none of you were hurt!!

What Comes Next? said...

Yikes! That's the kind of excitement you can do without - so glad there were no injuries and that then daft driver was stopped. IKEA - I have this love hate relationship with it - everything always looks so perfect, until I get it home!