Monday, May 5, 2014

I'm in the mood to box up memories



As a young girl, my mum had this box stuffed full of  old pieces of jewelry, obituary notices,  odd photos and such. She kept it in my Dad's highboy, in the top drawer.   I have always liked it and finally asked for it just before she died.  She said it was a stationary box.  I keep it out in view and this old teacup sits on top of it.

When I first decided to make a memory book , it was going to be a bound book.  But then I found the idea for a boxed portfolio in Fabric Memory Books by Lesley Riley.  Perfect!  I am in the mood to box up memories!

3 comments:

Createology said...

Such a sweet box and lovely vignette to honor your mom. I will like to see your boxed portfolio. Bound books are often too limiting. Hugs...

Jo Vandermey said...

A box of memories... I like this idea. Now to find boxes that can house something like this. Can't wait to see it progress....
Jo

Jo Ferguson said...

A heart-felt story for a wonderful idea. I can't wait to see how it turns out.