Wednesday, February 3, 2010

BOM's

I think I've found the real ME. Jane Sassaman fabric and then vibrant colour but with subtle patterning. These blocks are for the BOM at Three Creative Studios. I joined late. These are BOM 1 and 3. Two is cut out and 5 is due.
The fussy cutting is a pain. One green was too light so I used my handy dandy green water colour crayon to darken it. The dark green is dark but not as bad as this photo shows. I'm not sure I'd be up to bleaching.


These blocks are exciting to me. I'm sure I'm going to need help to come up with something special for a setting. I started this with what if... I did something out of my comfort zone, so I can't wimp out on the setting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've done a fantastic job with the fussy cutting! It really add something to those blocks.

Vicki W said...

Those blocks are fantastic!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That first block is a wonderful use of Jane's print.