Saturday, August 10, 2013

uh OH!


 




I DO like it!  The aqua looked grey last night as I forgot that the sides and shelves would cast shadows.  :O

I was also impressed that I didn't make a big mess.   I never even taped but went carefully with a good brush! :)

 I let the shelves set and cure over night but even before coffee this morning...

 uh OH ...  now I don't want to clutter them up with books!  I must be in a minimalist period. ???  And meanwhile all the books are under the bed.  Hmmm, maybe the dust bunnies won't find room to move back in!!!   LOL

9 comments:

HollyM said...

It's so pretty, Elle! I wouldn't want to clutter I up.

Leanne said...

The shelf looks lovely, it is a great idea to do them two colours. I love my books however, and feel sad for yours sitting under the bed. They need a place to be too, maybe you could make them a less pretty bookshelf somewhere else, you might need to refer to them or just sit and read.

Margaret said...

Great suggestions from both prior commenters: leave this pretty set of shelves to show off those things, and get another one for those books! And tell those dust bunnies to leave you alone! (In today's post, The Yarn Harlot refers to hers as dust bison roaming on the range of her hardwood floors...!)

MarveLes Art Studios said...

it looks really really good!!! i love the look! {just a few books... no need to overdo?!} :)
xo

Createology said...

Stunning! I love the colors and how you have decorated each shelf. Your beloved books will find a new place to rest. Beautifully done dear...

Threadpainter said...

You must be a latent 'interior decorator' ! these colours and the arrangements look wonderful !

What Comes Next? said...

it looks fabulous Elle - I wouldn't want to cover it up with books either. Maybe they will keep the dust bunnies at bay for a little while!

Vicki W said...

Very cool!

Margaret Applin said...

I love how that came out!!!