Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Opportunity

"I took the opportunity to..."

In my attempt to reorganize the house I was hauling a 5 drawer dresser up from the depths of the basement. As I was cleaning it up I thought, hmmm! Why don't I paint it with some of the left over paint I have. Not at all in the plan. I haven't done any painting in a few years. I'm messy, it is late in the day....

But I took the opportunity and I'm wonderfully glad. It looks great!

An opportunity is a noun that comes from fitness, suitableness, favorable time. It means a possibility due to a favorable combination of circumstances.

I had paused by the front door with a drawer. The sun was shining and not much wind. I checked out the paint on my next trip for drawers. Yup! The primer needed some mixing with my electric mixer but it is washable paint. I got the chest set up by the front steps and the parts were practically dry before I was ready to start the last coat. I was washing things up when hubby arrived.

Circumstances were favorable. I had suitable paint and supplies. I kinda knew it was now or never. But the ramifications are much more than a freshly painted chest. It has revived my 'make do' creativity. Reminded me of my younger days when it was all 'make do'. I feel virtuous.

I shall be looking for more opportunities! 8^)

1 comment:

Annie Crow said...

"But the ramifications are much more than a freshly painted chest. It has revived my 'make do' creativity."

Oh, those moments are awesome!