Wednesday, September 21, 2011

wow



With a recently reorganized and clean studio/playroom I'm anxious to start some new/different/exciting art!

But I don't have anything ready for show and tell.

So I've continued with the doodling. I need to try out the lower position for my sewing machine. Standing up works best for when I'm piecing and ironing and moving back and forth from my design wall. I really do prefer to stand whether I'm working in the kitchen, watching a workshop demonstration or even explaining something exciting. I have more room to wave my hands around. LOL

I enjoy free motion on the sewing machine but I must admit that 'use it or lose it' is very much a true saying. And I haven't been doing too much free wheeling lately. So I'm going to have to make it more of a daily exercise. Maybe a daily doodle with Nina needs to be more of priority than zentangling on paper.

7 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Oh, this is very fun, whimsical and cool! Doodling... on machine or paper... is a great daily exercise! Both are amazing skills to cultivate, as one...leads...to...another! XXOO!

Dale Anne Potter said...

LOVE the white thread doodling on the black - The DOODLES ARE FABULOUS!
Thanks for posting your link to the Needle & Thread network.

Leanne said...

I love your doodling with thread and you are so right, practice is the key. Maybe I should do a daily practice with fmq too, you might have started something here.

Sheila said...

I think your FMQ is great , you have a great idea of practising everyday , must give that a try.

Createology said...

This is fabulous. Your inner critic is being too harsh on you. Everyday sounds ambitious however I know you can do it. The white on black is dramatic and this also looks like a wonderful sampler of what you and Nina can do together. Happy needletangling...

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

That is so pretty! Enter it at 3CS!
~M.

Gina said...

I think your doodling with Nina is great!