Saturday, November 7, 2009

So far, so good!


I've definitely had a good week.
I started off teaching a basic thread and needle demo for our local quilt group, Common Threads and we have lots of new comers. My next demo is Thread Painting. I've agreed to tackle the once a month tutorial for the art quilting and that'll mean I'll be learning lots.
I decided florals are NOT me so I edited 2 big garbage bags out of my stash. Then I reorganized the fabrics. The main book cases are now pretty much tone on tones or blenders and are easily seen when the curtain is pulled aside. I have my focus FQ's and my medleys folded in drawers so I can see at a glance what is there and bigger chunks are tucked behind the doors of my utility closet. Passe ufo's will be going with the old florals. Gee, it feels SO GOOD.
It was also good to break open the polymer clay bead book and get rolling. I need to do the same with the mixed media challenge.
Jacquie, over at Tall Grass Studios has issued a challenge called Joy in the New Year. It is to see how many ufo's can been done before the New Year. I'm not sure I need another commitment but I did decide to at least itemize some of the things I have on my to-do list.
We are having a very lovely fall weekend and there are several jobs on that list. Fence posts for the new entrance gateway are going in as well as the clothes line posts. I really was beginning to despair. After a busy day we'll be ready for the Fall Supper at the local church. I hope they have pumpkin pie. My favorite!

No comments: