Monday, August 8, 2011

The Dynamic Duo

I have the 2 grand kiddies today and I'll return them tomorrow. It seemed best to be outside weeding and watering the garden. I did get my Japanese maple 'look alike' planted and 2 more plants for the white garden. But we did also have to round up chickens and get their gate closed!







Saturday son #3 spent the day with us. We picked up a new hot water tank and we made a run for my dining hutch. I'd woken in the middle of the previous night with a panic attack on how I'd maneuver my farmer's long wheel based truck into position and safely get the hutch home. Thanks to my dynamic duo!



No hot water! But the old tank has been muscled out of the way for the new tank and soldering and swearing is happening as I type. The kiddies are slumbering.

I'm not sure what this is but it is certainly enjoying the hot summer and low water. Wish all my endeavors were doing as well!

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the new hutch. I bet I won't recognize it when it's refurbished. And I have no idea what that plant is, either, but it is gorgeous and thriving.

I like the idea of swearing going along with the sweating!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Love the last photo! How pretty!