Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday's Moods


The idea of a mood board has always interested me.

A mood board is a type of collage that may consist of images, text, and samples of objects in a composition of the choice of the mood board creator. Designers and others use mood boards to develop their design concepts and to communicate to other members of the design team.

I need to get in a better mood for what I need to do this week.

We have gotten the white stuff and it is the wet and sloppy kind and I doubt it will stay but it certainly puts a damper on productivity.
A Canadian author, Alice Munro, has won the 2013 Nobel Prize in Literature.  She is the first Canadian woman to win this award since its launch in 1901 and there have only been something like 13 women that have won.  So I scooped up a couple of her books on short stories and read two on Sunday and gave her another try this morning.  I am admitting I am not a fan. Sheesh! I am all about happy ever after, giving it the good ol' college try and overcoming adversity, or at least 'she made the tough but right decision' kind of story.  I definitely need to shake off the lingering sadness. 

The Rooster wants curtains for this patio door and I am admitting defeat here as well.  Any curtains I find are not the right colour, not the right size, not the right washable material, or not the right price.  I shall have to go material shopping and make them. :(  

And speaking about material...
I read about low volume quilts in a magazine a number of years ago.  Quilting Arts, I think.  It immediately resonated with me and is very much what I want to pursue/produce.  I am trying to resist a quilt along for a low volume quilt.  But I was in the mood to at least pull some fabrics.  I am not sure I am in the mood for a quilt along though! ;) ;)  The good news is that I was definitely in the mood to buy some low volume fabrics.  Surprisingly I found lots of options in my stash.    I do so want text fabric though! We'll see if I make it to the checkout! :O

I need to work on the pink book/card but I'm leaning towards adding  lots of  gold. 

To set the mood for Creativity 101 and for Scrap booking 101 I need to revisit the elements of design beginning with line.

Hopefully this is what this week's mood board will look like!  And we'll see how I feel on Friday!  ;)

5 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I cannot believe it snowed...OMG...what a bummer. I just finished making curtains for one of the bedrooms...fully lined...never again. It was honestly the worst task I've done in awhile.

Margaret said...

I'm thinking you need to go back and watch that clip of CT again...Take your place in the choir and forget about the sn-sn-sn-snow!

Hugs!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Snow. Oh no. I always resort to Dr. Suess when it first snows...Snow, snow do you like snow? Do you like it yes or no? Do you like it in your face? Poor you - that would put me in a lousy mood. And too bad Alice Munro wasn’t a hit with you; she is one of my favorite authors. I have always referred to her as the Queen of the short story because it was her short stories that got me through the early days of motherhood when there was no time or brain power to read anything longer than a few pages.

Createology said...

Elle dear your mood board is lovely. I am sorry about your curtains. I find after I tackle and finish the job I am really happy with my results and it is nice to see them every day. I would love to send you some sunshine. Happiness and smiles to you my friend...

Leanne said...

I too am a happily every after kind of story person, I see too many not so happy stories all the time in real life. I have always loved the first snowfall, wet and messy and all, I hope that yours melts and you have another month or so of nice fall weather. And your fabrics are beautiful. Good luck with the curtains, given the pretty view I would not bother with them at all.