Monday, January 25, 2010

The Beginning of Wet Week


The blizzard arrived so it was more a snow day than a wet day. Dear hubby and dear son were constantly crossing my path, if not literally then verbally! Knowing the interruptions weren't going away any faster than the blizzard I chose the simplest project.

I need to build up to the deep dive into the wet world so to wet my toes I have a sketch book for the Three Creative Studio Creative Cue challenge. I am using water colour crayons to colour the backgrounds. Then I swish with the wet paint brush. I'm learning to control the amount of water and to start with the light areas and move to the darker to avoid muddy colour. To continue the kindergarten lessons I cut shapes from card stock and glue them in place. This challenge was the cue TRACK. I live by a railway so using the lessons I learned on line I angled some railway track across the painted page.

This is a small beginning but I actually feel rather pleased! Remember when colouring was fun! What if... creating was always fun!

No comments: