Saturday, July 10, 2010

A good night's sleep



I have loooong wanted shavings to use for mulching around the shrub beds. They will keep all that tedious and time consuming trimming down. I do believe it is true that all good things come to those who wait. 8^) I get 4 loads of shavings from a neighbour who thought they'd like them and then changed their mind so I took while the taking was good. I have 3 loads now and one more to go. My hubby gets them and it is up to me to unload them. I really don't mind this kind of work. The rain has made the shavings heavier than I anticipated but I've learned to use the slope to get them moving.

Two loads Thursday went beside the barn. Today I have one load over by the north bush. The ground is quite wet and the truck is spending the night there until we can assist it a bit. Ooops! But we knew there was a possibility that this would happen as the truck is quite heavy and has the worst back tires. I'll get one more load and then we'll fill in the ruts. I've been telling my dear list maker that 'done is better than perfect'! I am really quite pleased to see that we are actually making progress on his lists and he gets some kind of weird satisfaction from crossing things off the list.

I can also report that I am having some very excellent sleeps! 8^)

3 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Hard work is a great sleeping pill! We use pine straw for mulch. It is not so heavy but has to be replaced at least once a year if not twice.

Createology said...

What a great job you are doing. This will really help you enjoy your outdoor spaces. Work work work and then play. Happy creating...

craftmatic said...

Working so hard for something is priceless especially if it is for the better, regardless of the time and effort spent.