Monday, July 26, 2010

So I saved a little money


I spent the whole day, which began with an early appointment, with my daughter and her family in the city. And it was a hot one! I went to Michael's while they went to the big mall and I bought the block printing kit hoping for that elusive large discount. I do need to come back next week so I tried. No change at 40% so I'll just do it next week.

While waiting for the rendez vous I stepped into a small store and there were these wall flowers. 25 lime green on sale! Hmm, they'd be cool on the purple wall. So the sales gal and I considered options to the thumbtacks for my plaster walls. My farmer can predrill. He'll be just thrilled! LOL But I thought lime on purple across from blue/green might not be good so I traded for the white flowers. Now the whites weren't on sale and after I got home I'd decided to paint them various shades of greens so the cheaper first idea would have worked. Oh well!



I'm starting to get excited about this stairway now!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I see you are ready for your lino cutting! I hope my supplies arrive today.

Jennifer said...

Those flowers are going to be so cute! I can't wait to see the finished project.

Jennifer :)