Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rome wasn't built in a day!

It being Sunday, I'll throw in a bit of scripture; "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" It must be for people like me that it is repeated twice!

The good news is that I can see this organizing/planning stuff works. Now I just need to make sure I do it! I am beginning to understand that I can see the big picture but the details aren't something I like to spend the time on. So I need to make sure I check the plan for the day and then commit to it. That means I get down to the 'nitty gritty' and then little by little the whole is done because the parts were worked on bit by bit.

I did manage to get lots of the big picture done yesterday. The house looked good, except for the playroom which is what I was supposed to have done this last week. :>( But my dearie gave me some 'honey do' time this afternoon and things are messy again. But the bookcases are set in place in our bedroom and that involved taking out a baseboard to get them back where they needed to be so the door opens properly. The shelves are going to need a slight fine tuning but that can be done easily enough later. Then I needed some shelves attached above my sewing cabinet and there was a bit of blue smoke 'cause I hadn't prepared the work area and there was much in the way and nowhere to lay down tools. oops! He still isn't quite convinced that I really AM making progress. 8^) He has actually seen too many of my bright ideas but bless him for trying the new improved version yet again. Hopefully this new improvement will be the impetuous I need to get this room done. And I do need to get it operational as I found a UFO (unfinished object) that will be the perfect gift for a fast approaching special event.

No comments: